Having a morning routine is essential to start the day off well. My morning routine sets the tone for my day, and I think it will for you too.
1. Have a cup of warm water with lemon first thing in the morning - This will rehydrate your body after an 8 hour sleep, help your digestion and flush your liver naturally and keep your skin nice and beautiful. Great way to get 1 big glass of water in, before you get on with the day.
2. Make the bed - A simple thing like making the bed sets a good foundation for the day, why? It gives you an instant feeling of achievement and success.
A decluttered space lowers your stress and it actually leads to other good habits throughout the day.
3. Meditate in appreciation - Before checking your phone, just spend a few minutes pondering on what you are grateful for. - That you are breathing and living, the people you love, your family, friends or god. I like to put my feet up the wall for 10 min to really enter a relaxed state of mind. This is also great to do in the evening to unwind.
4. Have a healthy breakfast - Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and it will set you up for the rest of the day. If you make a healthy choice in the morning you are more likely to eat healthy throughout the rest of the day. Check my past blog post about my top 5 to-go-to breakfasts for some yummy suggestions.
5. 5 minute Journal - Set your goals for the day. Write down a few achievable goals you want to accomplish during the day, 3 things that would make your day better, a food diary or a mood diary perhaps. You decide what to write.
Keeping a journal is a great way to build better habits. It can help you identify and make you more aware of good patterns in you life, or not to mention bad things that you should try to avoid and eliminate.
6. Get moving - Do 20-30 min of exercise - Go for a jog, yoga, walk or whatever activity you enjoy to get your heart rate going. This will not only boost your immune system but will also give you endorphins and put you in a good mood for the day.
Off you go, Have a great day!