Your skin is a reflection on what really goes on inside your body.
Here are my top tips on how to achieve clearer, healthier and glowing looking skin from the inside out.
1. HYDRATE - Start your day with 1 cup of hot water with lemon/apple cider vinegar. Aim for 2-3 litres a day and a coconut water post training.
Water is the best body cleanser there is. It will help remove any toxic build up in your body and hydrate your skin and make it vibrant and clear.
2. EAT CLEAN - Enjoy colourful foods, especially your greens! Choose organic where possible to reduce pesticide exposure. Cut out ALL packaged and processed foods.
3. EAT FOODS WITH ANTIOXIDANTS - Antioxidants are the best resources your body has to fight disease and inflammation. Inflammation is a leading cause of wrinkle formation. Some of the best sources of anti-oxidants include:
- Acai berries
- Goji berries
- Purple grapes
- Dark chocolate (70% or higher of cocoa content)
- Green tea
4. EAT MORE GOOD FATS - Feed your skin with good fats OMEGA 3’s. Excellent for anti-inflammatory and hormonal balancing. Examples include:
- Walnuts and almonds
5. CUT DOWN ON THE INFLAMMATORY FOODS - Because they are Inflammatory and dehydrators that create toxic build up.
6. USE A DAILY PROBIOTIC - This will help to clean and restore any imbalances in your gut-bacteria that may cause skin flair ups and acne. You can find natural dairy free probiotics in sauerkraut , miso soup, pickles, tempeh, kimchi, spirulina and chlorella.
7. STRESS LESS - Stress causes all kinds of hormonal havoc. Best way to restore hormonal balance is to practice DEEP BREATHING and Yoga daily.
8. SLEEP - Getting a good night sleep can really make you look more beautiful , your body requires 8 hours of sleep to restore and regenerate new cells.
9. USE NATURAL CHEMICAL FREE SKIN PRODUCTS - Do your own natural skin tonics and masks.
CLEARIFYING TONIC -
- Dilute some apple cider vinegar in water and use a tonic after you have removed your makeup.
FACE MASK -
- Mix 1-2 tbsp natural yogurt
- 1 tsp of lemon
- 1 tbsp manuka or raw organic honey
- optional : 1/2 avocado / 1/2 smashed banana
- Apply generously on face, leave it on for 20 min until dry. Wash off with cool water.
10. STOP TOUCHING! - Touching and poking on your skin will only cause more irritation and inflammation. Your hands have lots of hidden dirt and bacteria that you definitely don’t want transfer to your skin.